Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ugh..

Ugh, just yesterday the weather was looking awesome..and it seemed like soon the ground would thaw so we could get started on digging but nope, it just has to snow. I miss riding trails..nothing is better than a day spent chillen down at the trails with a bunch of buddies and just digging/bullshiten/riding. I can honestly think of nothing else I would rather do now. I can remember back to when we had the trails at the trout pond and pedaling my mongoose over the roller section and watching dudes like English and James Macolin killing it on the big sets. Those were some badass times..(think I was 12, haha) wish we still had those trails to ride. After those were demolished we had the ones down on silk in back of the trout ponds..I think I hit my first double there. Thats when I first met Brent, Dustin, Jordy and some other dudes (long ass time ago, kinda forgot names) but those guys are what really got me into riding. Rode with them everyday all day every summer for like 6 years..then Jordy started working all the time..Dustin was just dustin and found himself in jail..Brent and I were buds forever then he ended up moving away and stopped riding his bike. Ugh..the good ol days..but back to the subject at hand..Trails..trails is what had introduced me to all these awesome people and got me to love riding my bike. I can't wait to get some good lines going and just pump through a six pack. Golden lane trails were probably the best trails in NV, besides the trout pond trails from like 10 years ago. Now gone just like all the others due to our lovely town of NV and there awesome support for our sport. fuck em. I've seen so much hard work just plowed over within in hours time. It sucks. Well this year is going to be different because now we have the towns consent and a place to build so it's time to make some new memories and help make a place to ride for future bmx riders in NV.

Here are some pics I got from the goldan lane trails. RIP.





No comments: